“I will be most happy and successful when I am able to help others who are facing challenges– in places where people help build community – so that I can: live a purposeful and gracious life where I am humble with my confidence and courageous with character.”
Keisha is a marketing expert by day who advocates for change whenever opportunity presents itself. As a black person, who grew up in what is defined by society as a marginalized community, she was able to overcome the hardships that came with her childhood and create a successful career.
In 2013, Keisha started Live. Learn. Educate. with the burning desire to give back to her community, specifically focusing her time with youth and encouraging them to go after their dreams. She leads with the vision that Live. Learn. Educate. can drive change. It is a movement built on the idea that through our lived experiences, we can encourage learning opportunities, when regularly practiced providing sustainable individual growth.
Since then, she has created an Algonquin College LLE Bursary directed to black students, which was the first of its kind to exist at the school. She then went on to create a volunteering community program in which she coaches high school students in soft skills and marketing expertise.
As she best puts it, We LIVE through experience. We LEARN from experience. We EDUCATE with experience.
Join her on her passion project to help communities grow by empowering our youth.
Community work track record:
- Partner Volunteer, Woodroffe HS | 2020 – Ongoing
- Communications & Marketing Volunteer Work
- Youth Services Bureau (YSB), Housing First and Youth Engagement
- HCV – Community Services | June & July 2018
- St Francis Xavier, Career Talk on Social Media: Influencer Marketing | January 2018
- Career Fair, St. Patrick’s Intermediate – volunteer sharing Marketing career info | December 2015 / 2016
- Marketing Mentor & Supervisor, Shad Valley Program – supporting a high school work placement | August 2012